Zombie Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to talk about THEM

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deadlands: Trapped

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zombob
Gunman
Gunman
Zombob

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Deadlands: Trapped Empty
PostSubject: Deadlands: Trapped   Deadlands: Trapped Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Deadlands: Trapped (2008)

Also Known As: Deadlands 2: Trapped (USA) (working title)
The Escape (USA) (working title)
Trapped (USA) (working title)

Director: Gary Ugarek
Writer: Gary Ugarek
Genre: Horror / Thriller
Runtime: USA: 117 minutes
Tagline: Getting out alive is never as easy as it seems / When Survival is All That Matters / From the director of Deadlands: The Rising comes a story of terror, suspense, and zombie mayhem.

Cast:
Joseph D. Durbin ... Sean
Jim Krut ... Dr. Robert Mitchell
Chris L. Clark ... Chris
Corrine Brush ... Shelly
Josh Davidson ... Jack
Ashley Young ... Casey
Alexa Davidson ... Little Girl
Chris O'Brocki ... Chuck
Lee Tanner ... Male Police Officer
Megan Atwood ... Female Police Officer
Stephanie Rigizadeh ... Zombie Girl
Amanda O'Connor ... Zombie Girl
Gavin Peretti ... Rapist
Pete Karas ... Zombie
Dave Cooperman ... Dr. David Robbins
Chris Luensman ... Stalker Zombie
Joseph Balinas ... Zombie
Matthew T. Smith ... Vomit Zombie
Adrian Nanney ... Bar patron
Dharmesh Tailor ... Zombie
Lisa Clark ... Zombie
Michael D. Hiatt ... Male Associate #2
Tom Touhey ... Male Associate #1
Amiee Scutt ... Zombie Girl
Anna Rigizadeh ... Zombie Girl
Keith Harding ... Bar patron
A.J. Faraj ... IT Associate

Plot Synopsis:
The United States Government has developed a highly effective nerve gas that is unleashed upon the residents of a small Maryland City. During the top secret exercise the infected citizens begin to convert each resident into a sort of living zombie, until the remaining town residents, 6 total strangers, are trapped inside a movie theater cineplex.
Back to top Go down
Zombob
Gunman
Gunman
Zombob

PostSubject: Re: Deadlands: Trapped   Deadlands: Trapped Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Trailer!!
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mIOYKYIwerk
Back to top Go down
Zombob
Gunman
Gunman
Zombob

PostSubject: Re: Deadlands: Trapped   Deadlands: Trapped Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Here's a review from Horror-movies.ca!

Deadlands 2: Trapped Movie Review

Written by: Goon

Director Gary Ugarek has been very busy ever since he finished up his first impressive film, Deadlands: The Rising. Done on a miniscule budget it was easily one of the best independent films I have seen in awhile. Especially considering the film featured zombies. At this point it seems like anything with zombies is something I want to try and avoid since now everyone is trying to make a zombie flick. The last thing you want to see is a low budget attempt. But Ugarek managed to take me back to the time when homegrown flicks like Evil Dead and The Dead Next Door were all the rage. So he has returned once again with Deadlands 2: The Rising.

This time around Ugarek is giving a nod to Return of the Living Dead franchise and did not make a direct sequel. As a matter of fact it even includes a couple familiar faces who pop up in the story but like ROTLD 2 they are not the same people who appeared in his first film. Keeping that in mind this time around the zombie infestation is all being set up by the government and a small group of people must band together to protect one another inside a small theater.

Before everyone converges in the theater we are introduced to all of the characters in a timely matter allowing us to be involved with each persons life for a brief period of time. It is all set up rather nicely and we are not given specifics about anyones life. Which works to the films advantage in that we feel like we have been dropped right into these peoples lives.

Now the print that I have seen is probably going to be much different with what will end up on the final DVD release. Some things that were wrong with the film will be cleaned up like some of the audio drop outs and pacing issues. The only thing that may remain is some of the uneven acting that appears in the film. Some of the cast are not the best but it is rather easy to overlook as the rest of what was accomplished is very impressive.

My absolute favorite part of Trapped is the music. It is eerily familiar and reeks of classic 80s films. Of course "reeks" here is used in a loving manner. I only wish more indie films that try and make throwback films would recognize that music goes a long way. Hands down Ugarek has the best score for any indie film I have seen. I really can't stress how impressed I was with the music.

Since his last film Ugarek has grown significantly as a filmmaker. Every shot in this film proves that. It was also helpful for him this time around to have a steady DP who obviously worked very well with him. But beyond the look of the film everything has been upped in this entry. The special FX have gotten better, the score was amazing and the DP pulled off some fantastic shots. Hands down making Deadlands 2 much better than the first.

Ultimately once this film gets a final polish it will be something that any zombie fan will enjoy. With nods to several fantastic horror films including Night of the Living Dead, Demons, Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2 and Dawn of the Dead he still manages to put his own stamp on the film. We can only hope that Deadlands 2: Trapped will find a proper DVD distribution so every horror fan will be able to get their hands on a copy.

- Luke Franklin
Back to top Go down
Zombob
Gunman
Gunman
Zombob

PostSubject: Re: Deadlands: Trapped   Deadlands: Trapped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 am

New trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwiiMgEo7go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadlands: Trapped   Deadlands: Trapped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deadlands: Trapped
Page 1 of 1